BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

OK, so it has been awhile, a long while! But I have been super busy and thought today would be the day to start blogging again. My Ten on Tuesday will be devoted to ten updates since my last blog!

1. I left Duke!! As most of you know, I was a Research Assistant there. In June, I was told that I was going to be promoted to Clinical Research Coordinator I. I was really excited about this position and knew that I was now 'safe' for a little while at this job. In the meantime, 2 coordinators left and the other research assistant was promoted to Software Engineer. So here I was coordinating 3 projects with no research assistant and a so called Project manager that was no help at all. And to top it all off, I still was officially promoted to a CRC!! My promotion went through on Sept. 1, after 2 months of waiting patiently for it to be approved. Which I am still confused on why it wasn't approved before they offered me the position, but anyway that's another story.

2. So when my old supervisor from Duke told me about a position at her new job, I was all for it. I went in for a 4 hour interview which was more like just making sure I would be a good fit. Four days later, I had my offer and within 20 minutes of the offer, handed in my resignation.

3. I officially started at SciMetrika on 10/1/10 and I couldn't be happier!! Its a small public health consulting firm who works primarily with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). I am a research Associate, which is exactly what I was doing at Duke when I left. Except that I am working in Public Health and Health Education, which is what I went to school for and have a deep passion for.

4. Ash and I just celebrated our first year of dating!! Its hard to believe it has only been a year but it has been a great year!! I am super blessed to have him in my life!

5. I met Cam Ward a couple weeks ago. For those who aren't familiar with hockey, he is the goalie for the Carolina Hurricanes. They do a monthly radio show at a restaurant near me and they give 30 people the opportunity to get autographs/pictures taken with a Hurricane Hockey player. It just happened to be Cam the week Ashley and I went.

6. Falls is here! This is my favorite time of year. Sunny, semi warm days and cool nights. I love being able to have my windows open, the smell of fresh air and with fall arriving, it means Pumpkin Spice lattes from Starbucks!!!

7. This is the first weekend in awhile that we have no plans and I am ecstatic!! Sometimes, its nice not to do anything :)

8. Hockey season has officially started!! The canes do no have their first home game until Oct. 27th due to the State Fair starting this week. Ash and I will be there on opening night and we can't wait!!!

9. State Fair starts this Thursday! Ash and I are going on the 18th! I can't wait for tator tots, fried mac and cheese and candied apples!!!

10. I am going to try my best and blog weekly but we will see how that goes :)

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Oooh, I've never gotten tater tots from the fair. Now I want some!! Glad your new job is going well. Love ya!