BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 10, 2010

Parents Visit and 30th birthday!

The last few weeks have been crazy busy but I have loved every minute of it. My parents have been here for 3 weeks! They came for the MS Walk back on April 24th. Even though my sister and niece were stuck in Germany, we had a great weekend. They were missed but definitely there in spirit. My parents were able to get to know Ashley and they love him (I don't know anyone who doesn't love him)! The 4 of us went out to dinner a few times and my parents even came to church with us on 2 Sundays! I loved having my parents only 20 minutes away and they came for dinner one night and stop in surprised me one night! They did look at houses while they were here but didn't find one. Hopefully, they will be moving here very soon! I enjoyed having them so close and I really miss them now that they are gone :(

So, I turned 30 yesterday and it was one of the best birthdays I have had (with the exception of last year when I received my Master's degree on my b-day)!!!! The day started with church with Ashley and his mom. Then his mom took me out for lunch and then we went back to her house. She got me a hanging welcome sign that I can change whenever I want. She told me that she will make me a strawberry cake for next weekend! Then we went back to Ashley's for me to open my gifts. First he had me open his trunk and in there, he had a cat planter that I can put outside and that was only the beginning of the presents! He also got me a flag holder with a zebra print flag with an embroidered 'S' on it, cat pictures holders, a zebra print serving tray to eat my dinner on, a bunny candy jar and an animal print Guess bag!!! I am blessed to have Ashley in my life :)

Then we went to my sister's and hung out with the family until dinner at Daniel's on Main, an Italian restaurant in Fuquay. Dinner was great and my parents had gotten me a Carvel ice cream cake for dessert! I had an awesome 30th birthday thanks to my family and Ashley! 30 is being good to me so far!!!

The welcome sign from Ashley's mom!


My new flag!


My kitty planter!


My new bag! Ashley has awesome taste!


Ashley and I!!





1 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, Ashley got you good stuff!! He's a keeper! Happy birthday again... 30 isn't so bad, huh?